Requesting Library Items–Books and More!
Libraries are associated in people’s minds with traditional books, printed on paper. We DO have and love traditional books, fiction and non-fiction, for babies, children, teens and adults. We also offer many other library items for check-out: audio books, DVD’s, music CD’s, magazines, graphic novels and videotapes.
The Wonewoc Public Library belongs to the Winding Rivers Library System and the WRLSWEB consortium. WRLSWEB is the shared catalog of 29 member libraries.
- Patrons can request items from the full WRLSWEB catalog to be sent to the Wonewoc Libary for pick-up.
- Items are delivered three times a week; on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. You will be notified when your items arrive.
- You can make requests from your home or office computer, or ask a library staff person to make a request for you.
- If you cannot find an item you’re looking for, the library staff can search beyond the shared system catalog, in WISCAT, which allows us to search all catalogs in Wisconsin.
- The loan period for books, audio books, and music is 3 weeks. DVD’s, VHS, and magazines are one week.
- An item can be renewed up to three times if no one else has requested it.
- Your library card works at all the libraries in the WRLS system, which encompasses seven Wisconsin counties in our region.
- Library cards are free. Stop by and fill out the short registration form. You will need a photo I.D. and proof of current address.
- Children under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the registration form in order to get a library card.
- If your old library card has a bar code beginning with “A”, please stop by the library to get a new card.
- The Wonewoc Public Library has four computers for public use, as well as two laptops.
- The four computers are connected to a printer, so that users can print from the Internet or print documents created on the computer. The library charges 10 cents per page for this service.
- If others are waiting to use a computer, there is a time limit of 30 minutes.
- When using computers, please use the hand sanitizer provided, and remember to sign in on the clipboard.
- Please ask the library staff if you need help operating the copier.
- Copies are in black and white.
- The library charges 10 cents per page for this service.
- The library does not have a fax machine.
Come and see a unique collection every month at the library. Someone in our community, adult or child, has their collection in our display case for all to enjoy. If you have a collection you’d like to share, call the library and sign up for a future month.